[Dev] [issue384] [thunderbird-libre] replace with icedove-libre

Michał Masłowski (Parabola Issue Tracker) bugs at parabolagnulinux.org
Mon Feb 6 19:24:26 GMT 2012

Michał Masłowski added the comment:

Thunderbird cannot be sold without rebranding [0], [1], [2].  It's also possible
that our changes to it are incompatible with this policy.

I recommend replacing thunderbird-libre with icedove-libre, Debian's IceDove [3]
with a patch to use GNUZilla's addon list.

(Any new build will solve the libpng problem, we can just solve more problems at
once.)

[0] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2011-08/msg00014.html
[1] https://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy.html
[2] https://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/list.html
[3] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/icedove

keyword: +unfree
nosy: +dev_list
priority: bug -> critical
status: unread -> chatting
title: [thunderbird-libre] Missing dependency on libpng (1.4.8-1) now that libpng (1.5.8-1) has been pushed -> [thunderbird-libre] replace with icedove-libre