[Dev] Fauno's workflow

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 2 23:29:37 GMT 2012

OK. https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/251

Good idea. https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/262

> >> this should be deprecated imo
> >
> > I agree, but removing it would involve patching devtools even more
> > than I already do.  I'm trying to keep it so that I can still pull
> > changes from devtools.
>
> ok... have you asked about the gplv2?

The chroot/systemd-nspawn code is in chroottools.git, which is a fork
of devtools.git.  The GPLv2/3+ issue is that some of the code hopped
from devtools.git to libretools.git.

I've been thinking about it; all of the code that hopped is from
makechrootpkg, so I think it might be a good idea to rework
makechrootpkg into "chroot-functions" or something to keep them
separated for licensing reasons, and so that I can pull devtools
changes to that code.
https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/263

> >> this is true, but what we're discussing (except from the "running any
> >> command instead of a predefined set" part) does still apply.
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean. In order to toggle the networking you must
> > exit and re-enter the chroot.
>
> i mean the changes we're discussing aren't specific to the way the
> chroot is handled and benefit both :O

OK, I'm going to give libremakepkg a flag to not use the chroot.  It
should be fairly stright-forward.
https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/264

> feature request: is it possible to run dbus+avahi-daemon on the chroot,
> or make it available from the host system? now that avahi is a
> dependency of distcc i wanted to try +zeroconf (my build machines are
> changing ips a lot lately...) but it couldn't connect to the host avahi.

I'll look into doing that.
https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/265