[Dev] texlive-core-libre fonts

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Sun Dec 2 00:19:41 GMT 2012

> Basically the issue is:
> ! I can't find file `ecrm1095'.
>
> The file is listed in the Arch package texlive-core:
> usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/source/jknappen/ec/ecrm1095.mf

It's a part of the ec CTAN package, not jknappen.

> My question is: Why were they removed? After some research it seems like
> jknappen is released under the GPL; see http://www.ctan.org/pkg/jknappen
> (It's the fonts inside the package that we're talking about).

EC has its own FSF-free (optionally nonfree) and Fedora-nonfree license,
the issue is code copied from the PL fonts using the same license as MeX
which is public domain (probably invalid due to the jurisdiction) with
explicit restrictions that make it nonfree if it isn't public domain.