[Dev] parabola inquiry

Wally Lepore wallylepore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:17:40 GMT 2012

Hi Nicolas,

Yes I did receive your IRC channel # from a helpful support member of
gNewSense. I've been looking for a good distro for music productopn
applications as well as everyday computer use. This field is amazing with
way too many choices. I was interested in your distro as it was recommended
by FSF. http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

I have tried unsuccessfully to install Ubuntu on my Dual Pentium III
system. Tried multiple fixes that did not work. Just gave up and began to
explore the other choices out there. I was initially directed to Ubuntu
from a friend but knew little about GNU/Linux. After days of research I am
well grounded (or at least getting better) in understanding the whole
GNU/Linux thing. The choices are amazing!

A few questions please:

Why is your distro based on Arch?

Can Parabola run just about any GNU/Linux based free software?

How is Parabola different from a Debian based distro?

Thank you
Wally