[Dev] [makepkg] 32 bit chroot on 64 bit machine

Luke T.Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 31 15:22:18 GMT 2012

At Fri, 31 Aug 2012 01:20:49 -0600,
Jorge Araya Navarro wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Emulatorman and his brrrrrrother Coadde have had discovered a way to
> compile packages for 32bits architecture in 64bits computers more
> details here
> https://wiki.parabolagnulinux.org/Package_maintainer_guide#32_bits_Chroot_on_64_bits_machine
> however, both Emulatorman and myself though that would be wonderful
> and more easy have a option to switch between 64 and 32 bits
> architecture, what's your opinion about this feature, Arch devs are
> willing to implement that? If not, may you could implement it?

This should be implemented in libretools, not makepkg. Right now
libre* supports [-d chrootdir] and [-n chrootname] to allow for easily
switching between multiple chroots

 $ sudo libremakepkg -n i686

If anything, I think that the only change that should be made is to
libremkchroot, to allow it to easily load preset configuration for
another arch. Arch's devtools package supports this.

PS: I am the author of libremkchroot