[Dev] A suggestion for the parabola devs

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Mon Apr 30 03:55:58 GMT 2012

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:48:30 +0000, Seth Schroeder <craziness at sethradio.com> wrote:

> I don't know if you already working on this or not, but I think that
> this is something that you guys should work on in the near future.
>
> I think that there should be a PUR, a Parabola User Repository. Just
> like the AUR but packages would be required to be free software (and of
> course not recomend nonfree software, no DRM, etc). That way people can
> use parabola and know that all the software that they install from it's
> user repo is free software, completely.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Seth
>
> P.S. I'm not a Parabola dev but may be, once I have coding skills.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! It has been discussed before, but we
probably didn't document our conclusions properly.

* AUR is huge and as a community effort, it's awesome
* Many PKGBUILDs are mislicensed so automatic conversion to PUR would be
  a PITA

So, we did this: actual per-project and/otr user repositories, so
there're [social], [artistic], [~fauno], [~mtjm] repos now. If you
browse the packages on the web site you'll see there're several repos.