[Dev] Replacing gitosis with git-shell

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Sat Apr 28 18:57:57 GMT 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:58:33 -0300, Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar> wrote:
> So I did a test to replace gitosis on the server, to allow push access
> to our git repos[0]. The idea was to find a simpler way that doesn't
> require the granularity gitosis allows, that IMO hurts our horizontal
> approach, but it still had some degree of security...

Everything should be in place now, I've changed the post-receive hook on
hackers.git to actually pull the repo history instead of forcing a
checkout (leaving changes untracked under .ssh).

I also changed cgit to automatically load repos from /srv/git (it also
finds them on subdirs). It may be heavier so I'll enable caching on
nginx side later. Project description should be put on the
repo.git/description file.

Everything should work as expected now, if you get messages like this:

fatal: '/abslibre-mips64el.git' does not appear to be a git repository

Edit .git/config and add '/srv/git' before '/repo.git' because the
ssh:// URI now requires the full repo path (if you know how to fix this
please tell me).

Check projects.parabolagnulinux.org clone URL if you're unsure.

--
)