[Dev] [RFC] Redesign and reimplement the blacklist

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Tue Apr 24 00:13:47 GMT 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:53:32 +0200, mtjm at mtjm.eu (=?utf-8?Q?Micha=C5=82_Mas=C5=82owski?=) wrote:
> The blacklist.txt file we currently use has these problems:
> [...]
> For these reasons I propose replacing it with a recfile [0] having a
> record for each pkgbase building packages to blacklist, with
> machine-readable fields explaining why it's blacklisted and linking to
> upstream reports.

+1 if it includes a conversion script to the current blacklist.txt so
dbscripts and other don't need to be immediately rewritten.

it could also be brought to the gnu-linux-libre list so we have a common
blacklist. an OtherNames field can be put up if the package name
changes.

also a Version field, since some versions listed on the FSDG list were
already upgraded on parabola

--
)