[Dev] mariadb archlinux version is on blacklist...

André Silva andre.paulista at adinet.com.uy
Mon Apr 23 17:49:55 GMT 2012

mariadb archlinux version decided doesn't includes "libmariadbclient"
and "mariadb-clients", very stupid in my opinion, because mariadb has
the same source code base than mysql.
What is the logic to use mariadb if this package uses "mysqlclient" and
"mysql-clients"?
For that, in this case it is better to continue using mysql as it
contains the complete kit. it's not a true alternative.
I tested with all programs, and doesn't problem with them.
So, I consider incomplete and poor package to use on our distro and
added to blacklist until that the mariadb archlinux version will include
"libmariadbclient" and "mariadb-clients".

Here is bug report related about it.

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29563