[Dev] [REPO] new sync script in testing

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Thu Nov 3 20:08:39 GMT 2011

Hey, I took one of the sync methods we propposed and made a script[0]. I've
setup a test repo[1] for [testing] and [core] and I'll be updating it every day
during a week to see if it's fit to replace repo-update.

The process is as following:

* Get all repo dbs (repo.db*) from a mirror

* Remove blacklisted packages from them (repo-remove)

* Sync each repo using a whitelist of db contents (archrepo/ => parabolarepo/).
  This sync removes whatever is extraneous on parabolarepo/)

* Sync the package and source pools using a whitelist of all repos synced
  (archpool/ => parabolapool/). This process doesn't remove anything, just
  adds packages.

* Put the clean databases in place

If everything is OK, this will maintain the repos *exactly* as upstream (minus
the unfree packages), and definitely fix the problem of having packages always
added but never removed that we have today (that breaks [testing] from time to
time).

This will also require a new cleanup script, since ftpdir-cleanup works like
hell (it provoked the repo breakage on the previous server).

Ways you can help:

* If you use [testing], change it on pacman.conf to
  "Server = http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/temprepo/testing/os/$arch"

* Change [core] to
  "Server = http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/temprepo/core/os/$arch"

* Update every day and report how well or bad the repos are behaving.

[0]: https://projects.parabolagnulinux.org/dbscripts.git/log/?h=sync-db-first
[1]: http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/temprepo/

--
Salud!
Nicolás Reynolds,
xmpp:fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
omb:http://identi.ca/fauno

OTR: C0CB1F0F 01DB5E18 2D634C2A A4626858 E7C7C3A2

http://parabolagnulinux.org
http://endefensadelsl.org

"Freedom [...] is messy" ~ Eben Moglen