[Dev] [REPO] new sync script in testing
fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Thu Nov 3 20:08:39 GMT 2011
Hey, I took one of the sync methods we propposed and made a script. I've
setup a test repo for [testing] and [core] and I'll be updating it every day
during a week to see if it's fit to replace repo-update.
The process is as following:
* Get all repo dbs (repo.db*) from a mirror
* Remove blacklisted packages from them (repo-remove)
* Sync each repo using a whitelist of db contents (archrepo/ => parabolarepo/).
This sync removes whatever is extraneous on parabolarepo/)
* Sync the package and source pools using a whitelist of all repos synced
(archpool/ => parabolapool/). This process doesn't remove anything, just
* Put the clean databases in place
If everything is OK, this will maintain the repos *exactly* as upstream (minus
the unfree packages), and definitely fix the problem of having packages always
added but never removed that we have today (that breaks [testing] from time to
This will also require a new cleanup script, since ftpdir-cleanup works like
hell (it provoked the repo breakage on the previous server).
Ways you can help:
* If you use [testing], change it on pacman.conf to
"Server = http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/temprepo/testing/os/$arch"
* Change [core] to
"Server = http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/temprepo/core/os/$arch"
* Update every day and report how well or bad the repos are behaving.
xmpp:fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
OTR: C0CB1F0F 01DB5E18 2D634C2A A4626858 E7C7C3A2
"Freedom [...] is messy" ~ Eben Moglen
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Dev