[Dev] [Tom Gundersen] [arch-dev-public] [HEADSUP] Minimum kernel version bump

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Thu Dec 29 13:56:34 GMT 2011

> I think it does not make any sense for people to hold back udev and
> upgrade other packages, so once this is out I'll remove support for
> non-devtmpfs kernels in initscripts too. It might possibly make sense
> to re-evaluate our minimum kernel version supported in glibc, but I'll
> leave that to more knowledgeable people.

Our mips64el glibc is configured to require 2.6.27 or later for
mips64el, we probably should check what would requiring newer release
do.

I want to change some packages (libvorbis, inkscape, evince, ppl) so
they will use Loongson 2F-specific instructions, making a sigill with
kernels older than 3.1.6 (somewhen after it will be packaged), glibc
already does it in rare cases (e.g. ppl tests) and audacity always does
it.