[Assist] Error upgrade

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Tue Mar 14 10:26:39 GMT 2023

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 06:55:44 +0100 Emiliano wrote:
> I saw that today the problem has been solved.
>
> Il dom 12 mar 2023, 20:08 bill-auger bill-auger ha scritto:
> > the conflict
> > is desirable - that is pacman doing it's job, by protecting
> > other programs from breaking due to upgrading packages which are
> > not ready to be upgraded

please try to understand though - it is not a "problem", per se -
it is the solution to a problem; and is done intentionally

several packages have those strict version requirements added for
this reason, which will cause pacman to hold back conflicting
versions, routinely, until the version requirements are satisfied
- if those version requirements were not in place, that would
cause real problems, and a variety of bug reports, difficult to
identify - this is only a minor annoyance; but it makes the root
cause of the bug reports always obvious - most importantly
though, it ensures that the programs you have already installed
will continue working