[Assist] How can I downgrade GCC?

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Mon Feb 28 15:46:59 GMT 2022

On 2022-02-28 13:36, hironori.ueno wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem and please let me know if there is a solution.
> I tried to build a module for dkms and got the following warning:
> ----------------------------
> warning: the compiler differs from the one used to build the kernel
> The kernel was built by: gcc (GCC) 11.1.0
> You are using: gcc (GCC) 11.2.0
> ----------------------------
>
> I thought it was a problem caused by updating GCC and tried to
> downgrade to get GCC back from 11.2.0 to 11.1.0.
> For the downgrade, I used the "downgrade" provided by AUR.
>
> ----------------------------
> $ sudo downgrade gcc gcc-libs
> ----------------------------
Without being an expert, my experience is that downgrading anything
related to libc means to downgrade the whole system or building a lot of
packages from scratch. I imagine that a similar situation arises with
GCC.

Also, sometimes, warnings are innocuous (you can disregard them). In
your case, I would try to compile and see if it works.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse at vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!