[Assist] How can I downgrade GCC?

hironori.ueno hironori.ueno at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:36:01 GMT 2022

Hi,

I have a problem and please let me know if there is a solution.
I tried to build a module for dkms and got the following warning:
----------------------------
warning: the compiler differs from the one used to build the kernel
The kernel was built by: gcc (GCC) 11.1.0
You are using: gcc (GCC) 11.2.0
----------------------------

I thought it was a problem caused by updating GCC and tried to
downgrade to get GCC back from 11.2.0 to 11.1.0.
For the downgrade, I used the "downgrade" provided by AUR.

----------------------------
$ sudo downgrade gcc gcc-libs
----------------------------

However, running this command causes a conflict with binutils.

----------------------------
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/usr/include/libiberty/ansidecl.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/demangle.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/dyn-string.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/fibheap.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/floatformat.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/hashtab.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/libiberty.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/objalloc.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/partition.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/safe-ctype.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/sort.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/splay-tree.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/include/libiberty/timeval-utils.h exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'
/usr/lib/libiberty.a exists in both 'binutils' and 'gcc'

Has anyone had a similar problem?
thank you.