[Assist] [ASK] Gambas 3 Installation Failed Because of qt5-webengine and Related Packages

Ade Malsasa Akbar malsasa at disroot.org
Sun Dec 5 16:06:06 GMT 2021

Hello Parabola Community!

Thank you for solving my previous issue with Qt SDK installation few
days ago. Now, once again I want to install another Software Development
Kit and this time it is Gambas 3. The installation was failed with
recognizable errors. I ask how to solve this issue so I can install and
run Gambas 3.

My specification:

- Parabola KDE Plasma 5.23

- Kernel 5.10

- Qt version 5.15.2

Issue:

I failed to install Gambas 3.

Step by step to reproduce:

# pacman -Syy

# pacman -Syyu

# pacman -S gambas3

(I selected all choices of packages available)

Error messages displayed and Gambas 3 is not installed and cannot be run.

Error messages:

Enter a selection (default=all): all

resolving dependencies...

warning: cannot resolve "qt5-webengine", a dependency of "gambas3-gb-qt5"

warning: cannot resolve "gambas3-gb-qt5", a dependency of "gambas3-ide"

warning: cannot resolve "qt5-webengine", a dependency of "gambas3-gb-qt5"

warning: cannot resolve "gambas3-gb-qt5", a dependency of
"gambas3-gb-qt5-webkit"

warning: cannot resolve "gambas3-gb-qt5-webkit", a dependency of
"gambas3-ide"

Suspicion:

I suspect this issue might be related to 'qt5-webengine' package
considered nonfree by Parabola through your-freedom package. I think
this could be replaced in a way so that Gambas 3 can be installed and
used normally even without that nonfree package.

Question:

How to solve this issue so I can install and run Gambas 3 full software
development kit normally?

Thank you very much in advance and I apologize for mistakes I made as I
am a new member in Parabola Community. Greetings and respects always to
you all.

Sincerely yours,

Ade Malsasa Akbar