[Assist] Eclipse (Java IDE)

joinlaw at cock.li joinlaw at cock.li
Mon Sep 14 20:49:13 GMT 2020

>> but since you say you will use eclim
>> (maybe with emacs or vi).
>
> There can only be one! HAHAHA :P

if you use vi vi vi the editor of the beast or not I will just drop
this quote:

     People sometimes ask me if it is a sin in the Church of Emacs to use
     vi. Using a free version of vi is not a sin; it is a penance. So happy
     hacking.
     - St IGNUcius

>> [...]
>> I never used LSP but I do think to use it with programming languages I
>
> I am weary of anything coming from Micro$hit (LSP)

well, actually I think historically Eclipse foundation started this and
then Microshaft[1] then takes the effort, from free software standpoint
nothing is too scary but from technical side of things I agree with you
they may take bad radical changes from time to time.

>> hate to configure in emacs because I only hand pick features in
>> languages I like such as C.
>
> I really do not understand, and you really do not need to explain.

I mean if I like the programming languages I will take my time to fine
tune my configuration (choosing my syntax checker, completion framework,
code navigation and indexing, project management, doxygent/gtkdoc
support, documentation lookup, debugging, .... etc) and I will not use
any ready configuration such as eclim or LSP.

But if I hate it such as Java or PHP and web development in general I
will take ready configuration to turn my development environment in
emacs to IDE.

> Thank you very much, and I like your e-mail service provider :) .

better than yours.

well this is a fair service and its privacy policy is clear (although
the name might put you in problems :] ) and this service created by the
hacker vincent canfield.

[1] https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=MV_SZRhWr1s