[Assist] Put openrc service in dnscrypt-proxy package

Xavier B. somenxavier at posteo.net
Fri May 1 13:21:11 GMT 2020

> dave and erich -
>
> this was cross-posted on the parabola mailing list
> https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/assist/2020-April/001480.html
> AFAICT it is related to openrc on archarm, and not arch or
> arch32, so it is likely not your concern
>
> Xavier -
>
> im not sure why you CC'ed david and erich about this - AFAIK
> neither of them are associated with the archlinuxarm project -
> some of the software in the archlinuxarm repos may have been
> packaged by those people; but that would be because those
> packages were taken directly from the archlinux or archlinux32
> distros - despite the similarity of the names, those (and
> parabola) are all separate projects
>
> if archlinux or parabola were to add this init-script, i think
> it would be a separate package than dnscryp itself

Sorry for annoyances. I did not know who are mantainers of dnscrypt-proxy package. I simply go to packages search [1] and search for dnscrypt-proxy mantainers. For example [2] points to Erich Eckner <arch32 at eckner dot net>.

Personally, I would include openrc in the package. systemd init scripts are normally include in the package and then it's coherent to do the same for openrc. I feel something abadoned. It seems that systemd has more priority rather than openrc. It's a user perspective thought: many packages include systemd init script but as openrc user, you have to search *-openrc packages. It's not fair.

Xavier

[1] https://www.parabola.nu/packages/?sort=&q=dnscrypt-proxy&maintainer=&flagged=
[2] https://www.parabola.nu/packages/community/i686/dnscrypt-proxy/