[Assist] Wired Internet doesn't Work After a Smooth Install with OpenRC and NetworkManager

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Fri Jun 26 15:51:23 GMT 2020

Michael - you replied to only me personally - i am repeating
your message for the mailing list

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 16:50:07 +0300 Michael wrote:
> I'm not familiar with this nmtui interactive manual, but when
> I run it and choose Activate a connection this is the screen I
> got, which I think means that Networkmnager doesn't recognize
> any connection: [image: image.png]
> I also run ip link and got this output which I think is not a
> good sign: [image: image.png]
> Thank you very much for trying to help.

those images show that `ip link` reports only the 'lo' device -
the kernel is not detecting you ethernet device - try this
command and see if you see anything important

$ dmesg | grep EE

are you absolutely certain that this device works with trisquel?