[Assist] Wired Internet doesn't Work After a Smooth Install with OpenRC and NetworkManager

Michael Novak mnovak10120 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:47:55 GMT 2020

In the last few days I tried to install parabola for the first time (before
that, the only gnu/linux distro I used was Trisquel), and after a few
failed attempts, I finally succeeded today. I can boot to parabola without
the usb drive, I can enter my user and overall I felt like the installation
was really smooth. The only problem is that I can't connect to the internet
(ping websites, use pacman and so on...). This is really weird because I
followed the installation guide precisely and I enabled neworkmanager. I
can even type:

rc-update add NetworkManager default

and get in return:

* rc-update: NetworkManager already installed in runlevel 'default';
skipping

So, I just have no idea what the problem is. If you have some suggestions,
it would help me a lot. I really don't want to give up after I got this far.