[Assist] Package "blender" depends on non-existent "openjpeg"

Quinn Johnson winseven4lyf at protonmail.com
Mon Apr 27 14:15:46 GMT 2020

Hi,

I tried to install blender via pacman to mess around with OpenGL stuff,
but I cannot install it because depends on a non-existent package named "openjpeg".
There is a package named "openjpeg2", though.
Here is the output I get from pacman if I try:

quinn at beryllium ~> sudo pacman -Syu blender
[sudo] password for quinn:
:: Synchronizing package databases...
Pacman2pacman http download: libre.db: 100%
Pacman2pacman http download: libre.db.sig: failed
Pacman2pacman http download: core.db: file not modified
Pacman2pacman http download: core.db.sig: failed
Pacman2pacman http download: extra.db: file not modified
Pacman2pacman http download: extra.db.sig: failed
Pacman2pacman http download: community.db: file not modified
Pacman2pacman http download: community.db.sig: failed
Pacman2pacman http download: pcr.db: file not modified
Pacman2pacman http download: pcr.db.sig: failed
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "openjpeg", a dependency of "blender"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      blender

:: Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N]
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency 'openjpeg' required by blender