[Assist] Minitube: No available API keys

Félicien Pillot felicien at gnu.org
Thu Apr 9 14:33:46 GMT 2020

Hi,

I would like to use minitube (or any other convenient desktop client)
for fetching videos from YT without having to run their proprietary JS
on my web browser.

When I launch the program it gives me the error mention in subject line.

It seems that this libre/ software requires the user to create a Google
account (and thus enabling nonfree javascript) in order to create an
API key in order to avoid the proprietary software present in YouTube??
This sounds quite absurd...

Why Minitube doesn't just work out like any other software distributed
by Parabola?

BTW, the minitube's window is also freezing my desktop (Plasma 5.18.4)
but that is another issue.

Thanks for your work, and happy hacking!
--
Félicien Pillot
2C7C ACC0 FBDB ADBA E7BC  50D9 043C D143 6C87 9372
felicien at gnu.org - felicien.pillot at riseup.net