[Assist] How to shallow clone from abslibre.git

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Thu Nov 7 08:22:23 GMT 2019

On 2019-11-06 16:00, bill-auger wrote:
> ive never used --single-branch before; but i dont think that is
> going to give you a shallow clone - my guess is that will give
> you a single branch with its entire history - a shallow clone is
> when you are not interested in the history; but only the current
> state
>
> you can get a truly shallow clone of any git repo using the
> --depth argument, such as:
>
> $ git clone --depth=1 git://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git

Thank you, Bill. Indeed, shallow clone is not exactly what I want. I
just want the branch (shallow, if possible). I'm sorry for the
confusion. Is there a way to clone the branch of only one package
instead of the whole abslibre? Thanks!

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse at vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!