[Assist] Boot process halts before getty is reached

Leon Plickat leonhenrik.plickat at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Nov 5 17:58:41 GMT 2019

bill-auger wrote:
> could you tell us which kernel and version you are booting? -
> if you are not sure, you can use a LiveISO to chroot into the
> system and run this command:
>
>   $ pacman -Qs linux-libre | grep '_gnu-'

local/linux-libre 5.3.8_gnu-1
local/linux-libre-api-headers 5.3.1_gnu-1

> one word of advice is that you always keep at least two kernels
> installed, most importantly including 'linux-libre-lts'

True; To be frank I totally forgot about the LTS kernel. I have it installed now
and everything works as expected, so it is a viable long-term workaround.

> [...] but do note it's version also, just in case [...]

local/linux-libre-lts 4.19.81_gnu-3
local/linux-libre-lts-headers 4.19.81_gnu-3