[Assist] libQt5Core.so.5 not found

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Thu Jan 17 18:42:13 GMT 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 16:39:09 +0000 edgar at openmail.cc wrote:
> I keep getting an error in different applications which is related to
> this (same symptoms):

it would be helpful if you could mention at least one such program that
exhibits the problem

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:53:36 +0000 edgar at openmail.cc wrote:
> I restarted with linux-libre (I was using linux-libre-lts-xtreme),
> and it works.

AFAIK the xtreme kernels are not to be merely installed and used, but
require some manual configuration by each user; and presumably some
occasional maintenance by each user may be required to adapt to
upstream changes - i would try the linux-libre-lts kernel before
deeming this as a bug - it could just be mis-configuration of some
security rule

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:53:36 +0000 edgar at openmail.cc wrote:
> For me, using linux-libre by itself creates issues, because it does
> not like my graphics card.

have you reported that as a possible bug? - it would be incredibly
peculiar to have some hardware that works only with the xtreme kernel
and not the standard kernel - again, i would want to check that the
behavior also with the linux-libre-lts kernel