[Assist] parabola library dependencies

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Wed Oct 31 17:22:08 GMT 2018

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 00:32:06 -0400,
Matt D. Nelson wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> I just migrated from Debian/Ubuntu to Parabola because I wanted a
> completely libre machine, but I'm having some issues with packages
> missing libraries and not running.  Some variation of this:
>
> openscad
> openscad: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_program_options.so.1.68.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What architecture are you on?

> Also, when I try to update my system with     sudo pacman -Syu,  I get this error no matter which I select:
>
> resolving dependencies...
> :: There are 3 providers available for udev:
> :: Repository libre
>    1) notsystemd-udev  2) systemd-udev
> :: Repository pcr
>    3) eudev
>
> Enter a number (default=1): 1
> looking for conflicting packages...
> error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
> error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
> :: notsystemd-common and systemd-common are in conflict

You'll need to choose the appropriate udev for your system.  If you're
running a standard 'base' install, that will be systemd-udev.
Unfortunately, when updating a system from before the systemd/udev
split, pacman chooses the wrong choice as the default, simply because
'notsystemd-udev' comes before 'systemd-udev' alphabetically.