[Assist] Strange sound problem

grizzlyuser grizzlyuser at protonmail.com
Fri Nov 30 21:09:52 GMT 2018

If I understood your QEMU script correctly, USB headset is being passed through to QEMU:

> JMTek="-device usb-host...

I don't know of any USB audio output device which doesn't have a DAC inside. If your headset has one, that means the whole audio device is passed through to the VM, and that's why you can hear only what's coming from a guest OS.

If that's the case, then to output the audio from both the host and the guest using the same headset, you just have to use some virtual audio device, and select the headset in the host as the default audio device. "-soundhw ac97" is already present in the script, so it seems to be sufficient.

BTW, two links to tinypic.com you provided don't work for me when JavaScript is disabled, so cannot comment on them. And LibreJS shows they require non-free JS to be executed. Some people here prefer not to run that, or not to run any JS on random websites at all. Please consider that when posting next time. For example, direct links to screenshots would've been better IMHO.