[Assist] Connection OK, wicd clients say: disconnected (+ wi-fi hardware cables)

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Fri May 25 20:26:16 BST 2018

El 24/05/18 a las 23:00, Rudolf Dovičín escribió:
>> Is there any reason why you don't use NetworkManager? You can use the
>> nm-connection-editor package for that (and network-manager-applet for
>> notifications), and in CLI/Ncurses you've nmtui
>
> I prefer smaller utilities, NetworkManager seems to be very huge to me. :-)

wicd is no different in size to NM, IMO

>> In the other hand, if you really want to use wicd, is there anything
>> else in your logs?
>
> I have found it now, that it has own log, it is quite confusing (it
> writes to wicd.log.1, not to wicd.log)
>
> Here is log, when I try to connect by wicd-gtk both:
> https://pastebin.com/tXtcDXDY
>
> Here is log, when I try to connect by wicd-cli by cable:
> https://pastebin.com/fRJY5hKa

OK, in the first log I found

2018/05/25 04:29:19 :: WARNING: PSK generation failed!  Falling back to
wireless key.
2018/05/25 04:29:19 :: Please report this error to the wicd developers!

So maybe you should get in touch with the wicd devs, like the warning
says. Btw, as a suggestion, when posting a pastebin, post it as raw, so
we can easily get them with curl.

--
~Megver83

SIP: megver83 at sip.linphone.org