[Assist] Can't update gksu, libgksu, mesa nor wayland.

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Thu May 17 22:28:16 BST 2018

El 17/05/18 a las 00:33, edgar at openmail.cc escribió:
> Hello, I am getting an error with wayland and mesa after trying `sudo
> pacman -Syu':
> ┌────
>> │ error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> │ /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so exists in both 'wayland' and 'mesa'
> │ /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1 exists in both 'wayland' and 'mesa'
> │ /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1.0.0 exists in both 'wayland' and 'mesa'
> │ /usr/lib/pkgconfig/wayland-egl.pc exists in both 'wayland' and 'mesa'
> │ Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
>> │ $ sudo pacman -R wayland
> │ checking dependencies...
> │ error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> │ :: gst-plugins-bad: removing wayland breaks dependency 'wayland'
> │ :: gtk3: removing wayland breaks dependency 'wayland'
> │ :: libva: removing wayland breaks dependency 'wayland'
> │ :: mesa: removing wayland breaks dependency 'wayland'
> │ :: mpv: removing wayland breaks dependency 'wayland'
> │ 0 [22:23:51]@ ~ > sudo pacman -R mesa
> │ checking dependencies...
> │ error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> │ :: gst-plugins-base-libs: removing mesa breaks dependency 'mesa'
> │ :: gtk3: removing mesa breaks dependency 'mesa'
> │ :: libglvnd: removing mesa breaks dependency 'mesa'
> │ :: libglvnd: removing mesa breaks dependency 'opengl-driver'
> │ :: virglrenderer: removing mesa breaks dependency 'mesa'
> │ :: xf86-video-amdgpu: removing mesa breaks dependency 'mesa'
> │ :: xf86-video-intel: removing mesa breaks dependency 'mesa'
> └────

I got an issue with this too, and I'll explain you how to preceed:

# pacman -S --force mesa
# pacman -S wayland

The first will remove the libwayland-egl files, and the second one will
install them (again). You may get some warnings saying that pacman could
not get info about such files, but it's normal and expected.

--
~Megver83

SIP: megver83 at sip.linphone.org
XMPP: megver83 at jabjab.de