[Assist] What's wrong with LibreOffice x86_64

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Thu May 3 21:17:42 BST 2018

On 2018-05-03 13:43, bill-auger wrote:
> there were some problem with missing packages this week - that should
> be
> completely fixed now

Thanks!

> you can also try the 'calibre' program for viewing documents - of you
> want to
> edit with something more like libreoffice there is the 'calligra' suite

Thanks. I've heard about it before, but it has many KDE dependencies.

> but i would like to add that generally, it is best to report bugs
> properly so
> that they cam be fixed - a program that crashes is especially important
> report to the package maintainers and developers - have you reported
> that
> crashing libreoffice as a bug? or have you found an existing bug report
> that is
> similar to yours?

I will. I was presently more interested in checking if there was a
reason for the missing x86_64 version of LibreOffice (there were i386
and arm). Then, I could go ahead and try the version from Parabola and
fill-in a bug report.

> most interesting for parabola perhaps is your claim that you computer
> can not
> boot with linux-libre but only linux-libre-lts - have you reported a
> bug for
> this or is there a similar bug already existing?

Yes, I did. I am very grateful for having a GNU/Linux running thanks to
you guys, and I am patient in the resolution. It has been some weeks
since I made the report, but it's been longer since the issue started. I
usually do not have much time, and lag on my bug reports.

Thank you