[Assist] What's wrong with LibreOffice x86_64

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Thu May 3 06:00:29 BST 2018

On 2018-05-01 21:21, Megver83 wrote:
> El 01/05/18 a las 01:40, edgar at openmail.cc escribió:
>> Are you having issues with LibreOffice like I do? Did you uninstall it
>> and then found out that it's no longer on the repos (x86_64)? Do you
>> have an idea of how to install it and get it to work? Would you let me
>> know :D ? Thanks!

> Could you at least specify if the problem is with libreoffice-still or
> -fresh?

I am very sorry Megver83. I was trying to be cheerful, but I can see how
useless my e-mail was.

LibreOffice keeps freezing my whole system.
- I removed the -fresh package and deleted ~/.config/libreoffice.
- I could not reinstall, because pacman could not find a package for it
(neither still nor fresh).
- I looked for it on www.parabola.nu/packages, and they were both
missing for x86_64

That's when I decided to contact the list. I found a package on Arch,
and reinstalled, but it kept crashing. I looked around, and there seems
to be a long story about it crashing in Arch.

I downloaded Abiword, and I could open the documents that I needed, but
the window flickers. I am wondering if this has to do with systemD, the
files I needed (sxw) or the relationship between my computer and
Parabola (since I cannot boot with linux-libre; I use linux-libre-lts).

In any case, I see that the packages have been uploaded, and I
reinstalled libreoffice-still. I will wait until I have to turn off my
computer to try opening the file again (in case it hangs).

In the mean time, is there any recommendation which does not include KDE
to open ODS, DOCX, ODT, SXW other than Abiword and LibreOffice?

Finally, I want to express my gratitude and admiration for the work that
everyone in the free software community does.