[Assist] Unable to boot my parabola "error while loading shared libraries libjson-c.so.4"

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Wed Jul 18 16:49:59 BST 2018

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:23:25 -0400,
Xavier B. wrote:
> After upgrading my system, I'm not be able to boot my system (see
> photo). It seems it's an issue with systemd. What can I do? After this
> shot, the keyboard does not respond.

Yes, you should be able to arch-chroot in to the system from a live
USB/CD, in order to fix it and grab logs.

What to do to fix it depends on exactly what broke.  It looks like you
need to update the 'json-c' package.  Within the arch-chroot, run `ldd
/lib/udevadm` to verify that all nescessary libraries are present (I
believe if it's missing it looks like "libfoo.so.1 => (missing)").

> Any hints? Could I boot with USB-arch booting and reinstal·l some
> packages? How?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> PS: Yeah, I used --ignore in pacman -Syu but systemd should not be updated if it could not.

 1. Partial updates are not supported.  Most package dependencies are
    not versioned.  If cryptsetup depends on json-c, and the latest
    cryptsetup update depends on the latest json-c update, it's very
    likely that cryptsetup just says `depends=('json-c')`, and doesn't
    specify the version.

 2. What exactly did you ignore?