[Assist] pacman --overwrite does not work

Freemor freemor at freemor.ca
Mon Jul 16 14:34:37 BST 2018

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 03:05:49PM +0200, Rudolf Dovičín wrote:
> > The problem is a simple one. You do not specify what to overwrite. The
> > --overwrite flag just tell pacman it is ok to overwrite anything it needs to.
> >
> > so just
> >
> > sudo pacman -Suy --overwrite
>
> Thank you for you reply.
> But it does not work for me.
> I have got this error:
> pacman: option '--overwrite' requires an argument

Sorry about that I thought was a replacement for force.

Just:

pacman -Suy --force

That will fix the current issue. I'll look into the correct syntax for
--overwrite when I'm back on an Parabola machine.

--
Want to send me an encrypted reply?
Click here: https://hawkpost.co/box/e414d311-bd6a-4429-8e9e-6a690d5ad034