[Assist] Fwd: Re: Telegram & Non-Free SaaSS

Brett Gilio brettg at posteo.net
Mon Jul 16 02:52:07 BST 2018

Isaac David writes:
> since our community doesn't see XMPP and IRC clients as
> problematic
> additions to our repositories, we probably have no standing to
> take
> away free clients that communicate with proprietary servers,
> like
> telegram.

Isaac,
I understand everything you say up to this point, though the
details
still seem circumstantial to me.

However, could you explain to me the point of comparison between
XMPP/IRC and Telegram? Are you suggesting that XMPP/IRC work by
interfacing with a proprietary server-side protocol?

If not, help me understand what you mean.

--
Brett M. Gilio
Free Software Foundation, Member