[Assist] Some packages are incompatible with your-initfreedom

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Thu Aug 2 23:14:42 BST 2018

El 01/08/18 a las 09:05, Freemor escribió:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 02:15:54PM +0200, Xavier B. wrote:
>> I have parabola with openrc installed. I want to upgrade but I get:
>>
>> :: your-initfreedom i libsystemd-dummy tenen conflictes (libsystemd). Elimino libsystemd-dummy? [s/N] s
>> :: your-initfreedom i systemd-dummy tenen conflictes (systemd). Elimino systemd-dummy? [s/N] s
>> Error: ha fallat preparar la transacció (no s'han pogut satisfer les dependències)
>> :: no es pot satisfer la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per device-mapper
>> :: no es pot satisfer la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per dhcpcd
>> :: no es pot satisfer la dependència "systemd" requerida per lighttpd
>> :: no es pot satisfer la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per lvm2
>> :: eliminar libsystemd-dummy trenca la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per libusb
>> :: eliminar systemd-dummy trenca la dependència "systemd" requerida per pcmciautils
>> :: eliminar libsystemd-dummy trenca la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per procps-ng
>> :: eliminar libsystemd-dummy trenca la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per rpcbind
>> :: eliminar systemd-dummy trenca la dependència "systemd" requerida per syslog-ng
>>

>> So procps-ng, rpcbind, syslog-ng, libusb, pcmciautils, lvm2, lighttpd, dhcpcd, device-mapper are incompatible with your-initfreedom. What can I do?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Xavier
>
> IIRC your-initfeedom come from the expiremental [nonsystemd] repo. The things
> done there are no longer fnctional with the changes Lukeshu has done recently
> to make openrc work out of the box. you'll need to remove your-initfreedom and
> switch from it's system-dummy to the newer one in the main repo. Plus you'lll
> probably need to make a couple of other tweaks (cant get the package names
> right now as I'm out and about and thus away from my parabola system.)
>
> Basically thanks to Lukeshu's hard work [nonsystemd] is no longer required.
>
> I'll post clearer details or catch you on IRC later when I'm back on my
> Parabola machine
>
> Regards,
> Freemor

[nonsystemd] packages is more than just your-initfreedom. Think on the
packages (like xdg-user-dirs) which run systemd commands in
post_install(). Then it doesn't matter that you split systemd in 100
packages, a non-systemd user doesn't care about systemd. Period.

I added systemd to your-initfreedom because the intention of
[nonsystemd] packages is to basically do not depend on systemd, so you
don't need systemd-dummy-like packages. However, I'm conscious that
lukeshu may (soon) make (not)systemd work without bothering elogind,
opensysusers and opentmpfiles. When that happens, the criteria[0] of
packages built in [nonsystemd] will simply change.

Consider that while some packages depend on systemd when they don't
really do (in which case you can simply use notsystemd to satisfy the
dependency) some others have a systemd integration which makes them work
worse (that's why there are the -elogind packages), so then I patch and
build them in [nonsystemd], like with mkinitcpio[1].

[0] https://wiki.parabola.nu/Nonsystemd#Criteria
[1] https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/nonsystemd/mkinitcpio

--
~Megver83