[Assist] Some packages are incompatible with your-initfreedom

Freemor freemor at freemor.ca
Wed Aug 1 14:05:38 BST 2018

On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 02:15:54PM +0200, Xavier B. wrote:
> I have parabola with openrc installed. I want to upgrade but I get:
>
> :: your-initfreedom i libsystemd-dummy tenen conflictes (libsystemd). Elimino libsystemd-dummy? [s/N] s
> :: your-initfreedom i systemd-dummy tenen conflictes (systemd). Elimino systemd-dummy? [s/N] s
> Error: ha fallat preparar la transacció (no s'han pogut satisfer les dependències)
> :: no es pot satisfer la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per device-mapper
> :: no es pot satisfer la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per dhcpcd
> :: no es pot satisfer la dependència "systemd" requerida per lighttpd
> :: no es pot satisfer la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per lvm2
> :: eliminar libsystemd-dummy trenca la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per libusb
> :: eliminar systemd-dummy trenca la dependència "systemd" requerida per pcmciautils
> :: eliminar libsystemd-dummy trenca la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per procps-ng
> :: eliminar libsystemd-dummy trenca la dependència "libsystemd" requerida per rpcbind
> :: eliminar systemd-dummy trenca la dependència "systemd" requerida per syslog-ng
>

> So procps-ng, rpcbind, syslog-ng, libusb, pcmciautils, lvm2, lighttpd, dhcpcd, device-mapper are incompatible with your-initfreedom. What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Xavier

IIRC your-initfeedom come from the expiremental [nonsystemd] repo. The things
done there are no longer fnctional with the changes Lukeshu has done recently
to make openrc work out of the box. you'll need to remove your-initfreedom and
switch from it's system-dummy to the newer one in the main repo. Plus you'lll
probably need to make a couple of other tweaks (cant get the package names
right now as I'm out and about and thus away from my parabola system.)

Basically thanks to Lukeshu's hard work [nonsystemd] is no longer required.

I'll post clearer details or catch you on IRC later when I'm back on my
Parabola machine

Regards,
Freemor

--