[Assist] Installing packages from PyPI.Python.org

Rudolf Dovičín rudolf.dovicin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 02:26:09 BST 2018

Hello, dear supporters/assistants. :-)

I try to learn Python programming language.

I need to install something like
https://PyPI.Python.org/pypi/nested_dict
[Because I need dictionary with dictionaries as values and sets as
values of inner dictionaries: nested_dict(2, set)]

There are several ways, e.g. to whole system (by root) or to virtual
(local) environment. etc.:
https://Packaging.Python.org/tutorials/
https://Packaging.Python.org/guides/

Can I install by pip as root? Does it not corrupt any pacman's packages?

(ArchLinux has pipman-git, pip2arch-git & python-pypi2pkgbuild for
conversion, but I have not found any of them in Parabola.)

What are pros and cons of the ways?
What is recommended way in Parabola?
--
Rudolf Dovičín