[Assist] Bluetooth Bug

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Sun Apr 8 22:54:47 BST 2018

On Sun 2018-04-08 05:12:12 PM - Megver83 wrote:
> I don't own one of those, but if I was you I'd ask them which version
> of linux-libre and linx-libre-firmware did they used (or a link to
> any bug report related to that issue).
>
> The recent versions of both packages *might* have fixed that bug.

i looked into this - there are no issues on the parabola bug tracker
about bluetooth devices - not open nor closed - maybe there is
something on the mailing list but the parabola mailing list is quite
tedious to search

as far as i can tell, this information dates back to late in 2015 -
the duck found this ebay auction by thinkpenguin from 04 Apr, 2018[1]
that lists the last known supported parabola version:

  Parabola GNU/Linux-Libre 2015.02.28, 2015.05.01

im guessing that no one has re-tested it since then - but if no one ever
reported the bug then it's anyones guess if it got fixed or not - if it
were me, i would ask thinkpenguin to install the current
parabola and verify it themselves - and if i were thinkpenguin, i would
take it upon myself to do that anyways; because as we all know, the
operating system formerly known as "parabola-2015" is nothing but a
faded memory today and so that is a useless recommendation to have
in print

[1]:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Penguin-Wireless-N-Bluetooth-E-Key-M-2-Combo-Card-802-11n-WIFI-NGFF-Ubuntu-Linux-/271884840291?clk_rvr_id=1492500487299&rmvSB=true