[Assist] custom live environment (usb)

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Fri May 12 06:39:11 BST 2017

Hello,

I am planning to give a small course on GNU/Linux in my university, and
I would like to do it using Parabola. I have never used Parabola, but I
like the described philosophy. Call me crazy, if you want.

I would like to know if someone can help me to customize a Live USB iso.
I have a long list of programs that I would like to include (see below
[1]), and I think that I can find my way on how to install them, but I
don't know how the process of customizing a desktop environment of
Parabola goes. I have previously customized other GNU/Linux
distributions, but they are all Debian- or Ubuntu-based. With this I
mean: I know how to do a chroot and use aptitude to install programs,
and I can follow instructions.

I hope that someone can help me with this. My plan is to give the course
by the first week of August. My time frame is two or four hours every
week.

Thank you all.

Edgar

[1] List of programs: Inkscape, Emacs (with a lot of packages), Gmsh,
Gimp, LibreOffice, Git, Python 3, Matplotlib, Scipy, Numpy, Maxima, Code
Saturne, R, netgen, elmer, mupdf, sed, awk and other utilities.