[Assist] Compile custom kernel based on linux-libre-grsec-knock

Benoît benoit at neviani.fr
Wed Mar 29 00:18:13 BST 2017

Hi,

I am trying to compile a custom kernel based on linux-libre-grsec-knock
to add the capability to hibernate my laptop.
As it it mentioned on the wiki there are some conflicts with
CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_KMEM, CONFIG_PAX_MEMORY_SANITIZE and CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE
so I am trying to custom the kernel to re-activate them.

I have followed the ABS method mentioned here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernels/Arch_Build_System and
performed:

mkdir build
cd /build
ABSROOT=. abs kernels/linux-libre-grsec-knock
I change pkgbase in PKGBUILD to linux-libre-grsec-knock-custom
updpkgsums

I changed the CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_KMEM & CONFIG_PAX_MEMORY_SANITIZE to
"n"(not finding the CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE) to config.x86_64
Everything is done successfully, but after running  makepkg -s it starts
asking me a tons of questions to build the .config.

So my question is to know if there is a way to use my
modified config.x86_64 or any other method to not mess with the tons of
very specific questions during the building process?

Many thanks for your help and excuse me for the basic question as it is
the first time ever I need to build a custom kernel.

belette