[Assist] Questions about parabola

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at openmailbox.org
Sat Jul 15 23:26:12 BST 2017

Just for the sake of transparency and information: The issue with
regards to kernsl that are made using the scripts from the GNU
Linux-libre project refusing to load user-supplied non-free firmware
even after successful installation is actually a *bug*, not a
feature. The GNU Linux-libre project is aware of the bug.

For more information see
[[http://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/blogs/lxo/2013-11-08-linux-libre-interview-by-bruce-byfield.en.html]]
(notice the answer to "Is there anything that the project wants to do
that it can't do now? In general, what are the future plans for the
project?").

Also, before soneone else starts this claim, I must point out that,
contrary to common believe, Linux-libre kernels also work with newer
hardware, it all depends on the exact model of the hardware and if there
is free/libre firmware and modules to make it work, not it's age.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com