[Assist] Iceweasel hardened no audio

jc_gargma jc_gargma at iserlohn-fortress.net
Thu Jan 5 23:43:08 GMT 2017

> A problem I'm having is no audio when playing videos (for example on
> youtube). This does not happen with regular Iceweasel from parabola
> repositories.
iceweasel-hardened runs iceweasel through firejail with additional parameters
and browser preferences.
>From what I gather of firejail's man page, the lack of audio is due to the
firejail --private-dev parameter creating a virtual /dev directory that does
not know about the existing physical audio devices.

> What can I do to solve this?
The simplest option would be to use the non-hardened iceweasel for times you
require audio.
Alternatively, you could copy-paste the iceweasel-hardened script as another
name, such as iceweasel-hardened-audio, removing the --private-dev parameter.
This version would enable you to have audio and better than vanilla security
without altering the hardened version reserved for regular usage.

-jc