[Assist] device UP, but network unreachable

Rudolf Dovičín rudolf.dovicin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 20:50:27 GMT 2017

Hello, Dear Supporters. :-)

I have troubles in migration from Hyperbola,
so currently I try to make new install by
https://wiki.parabola.nu/Installation_Guide
and by
https://repo.parabola.nu/iso-beta/systemd-cli-2017.10.17/parabola-systemd-cli-dual-complete-2017.10.17-21.39-alpha.iso

I am after reboot, I have wanted update fresh system by
# pacman -Syu
but I have got network errors.

I can get network device UP:
# ip link show dev enp0s25
shows me first line
"2: enp0s25: <BROADCAS,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel
state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000"

but command
# ping -c 4 8.8.8.8
gives me error message:
"connect: Network is unreachable".

commands
# dmesg | grep e1000e
show no errors.

Before reboot, network was functioning, e.g. updating parabola-keyring
was OK without errors.

I have ThinkPad X200 with Libreboot.

Probably I should install one of Nework managers, but without network
it is quite problematic. ;-) They are not in base group, which is
installed by default?
--
Rudolf Dovičín
Matice slovenskej 1260/4-7
xmpp:ruwolf at jabbim.sk
(cellular: +421 940 872 846, short messages only)