[Assist] OpenRC LXDE iso = no joy

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Tue Dec 26 05:23:09 GMT 2017

On 2017-12-26 04:31, edgar at openmail.cc wrote:
> On 2017-12-25 22:36, edgar at openmail.cc wrote:
>> On 2017-12-25 12:34, bill-auger wrote:
>>> have you tried the systemdD ISOs ? it is possible to install from the
>>> systemdD ISO and then swap out systemd for openrc -
>> I tried that too with LXDE. I got a blinking cursor on the screen. By
>> the way, the LXDE Calamares installation fails if you try to encrypt
>> the drive.
>>
>>> there (is) also a
>>> wiki page devoted to installing an openrc parabola system manually
>>>
>>> https://wiki.parabola.nu/OpenRC
>> when I get Mate to work, I will try to switch to LXDE. Then, I will
>> try to switch to OpenRC. May take weeks (limited time).
>>

> Ok, this is odd: I cannot use Qemu to boot neither the SystemD nor the
> OpenRC. I get the same panic attack.

Sorry, I had missed a switch for the RAM. I do have the same issue
regarding encryption in Qemu as I had with the real installation:

Installation Failed
Boost.Python error in job "machineid".
<class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'>
Command 'systemd-machine-id-setup' returned non-zero exit status 127.
Traceback:
   File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/machineid/main.py", line 47, in run
check_target_env_call("system-machine-id-setup")

File "<string>", line 2, in <module>

Hope that helps