[Assist] Migration from Hyperbola

Rudolf Dovičín rudolf.dovicin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 14:31:36 GMT 2017

> Rudolf
>
> i would not expect anything significantly different about hyperbola than
> another pacman-based distro in respect to migration - if you look here
> there are several such guides on the parabola wiki - you could see for
> yourself how similar they are - if there are significant differences
> then please do add yours - but it  is possible that the guide you
> created is exactly like one of the existing ones in which case you could
> just add " ... and hyperbola" to one of them
>
> https://wiki.parabola.nu/Category:Migration
>
> did you actually do the process yourself yet?

Thank you very much for your reply. :-)

I am trying it curenntly, but I have got error in command:

# pacman -Suu
resolving dependencies...
:: There are 2 providers available for init:
:: Repository pcr
   1) openrc-init  2) runit

Enter a number (default=1):
looking for conflicting packages...
warning: removing 'dbus' from target list because it conflicts with
'dbus-elogind'
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: systemd and eudev are in conflict

I have instaled Hyperbola with OpenRC.
I want to use profile-sync-daemon, which depends on systemd, so I
probably have to swith to it. I can find guides for migrading form
systemd to OpenRC, but I cannot fing reverse instructions...
--
Rudolf Dovičín
Matice slovenskej 1260/4-7
xmpp:ruwolf at jabbim.sk
(cellular: +421 940 872 846, short messages only)