[Assist] error updating linux-libre

Moritz Klammler moritz at klammler.eu
Wed Dec 13 12:31:48 GMT 2017

Today I got an error updating the 'linux-libre' package.

(27/34) upgrading linux-libre ...
/tmp/alpm_bOrQOM/.INSTALL: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token }
/tmp/alpm_bOrQOM/.INSTALL: line 6: }
/usr/bin/bash: post_upgrade: command not found
error: command failed to execute correctly

Subsequently, 'mkinitcpio' failed to generate an image reporting that
'libcryptsetup.so.4' is missing (the full output is attached).

As well as another post-transaction hook:

( 6/10) Creating temporary files...
/usr/bin/systemd-tmpfiles: error while loading shared libraries:
libcryptsetup.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
error: command failed to execute correctly

After reinstalling 'cryptsetup' and downgrading 'linux-libre' I was able
to build an image again (which I hope will work).

This seems to be a pretty bad problem that might render your system
unbootable so I wanted to warn others about it.  Ideally, of course, the
package's script would be fixed ASAP.  I'm not sure if posting to this
mailinglist is an adequate / sufficient way to report this bug.