[Assist] Fwd: Problem with gpg key && iceweasel

Ben uaqben at disroot.org
Wed Dec 6 16:31:15 GMT 2017

On 12/06/2017 05:21 PM, Franco Masotti wrote:

[edited]

>> just tried `pacman -Rs iceweasel`, uninstalled fine; `pacman -S
>> iceweasel`, same error as above (exists in filestystem)
>>
>> FWIW - I just successfully ran
>>
>> `pacman -S archlinux-keyring parabola-keyring archlinuxarm-keyring
>> archlinux32-keyring`
>>
>> So I'm guessing my gpg key situation is fixed.
>>
>> For Iceweasel, should I manually remove the files?
>>
>> Looking at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman#Removing_packages
>> I don't see any options aside from `-Rs` which would apply to what I'm
>> trying to do (remove iceweasel; install it afresh)
>>
>> Thanks for everyone's help here
>>
>> Ben
>
> This seems odd...
>
> Try with:
>
> pacman -Rnus iceweasel
> pacman -Syyu
> pacman -S iceweasel

Hi Franco,

I was reading up on pacman again in meantime, and eventually decided I'd
partially clear my cache with `pacman -Sc`

Then decided I'd try a force install, `pacman -S --force inceweasel`

And it worked! Iceweasel starts up fine, all looks good :)

One last question:  (if better to put another thread, plz let me know)

	If one is in doubt about the integrity of their parabola system's
pacman gpg database(s) -> How would one go about verifying
it/double-checking it?

Thanks for all the help!

Ben