[Assist] alternatives to systemd

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Tue Aug 22 20:20:42 BST 2017

El 22/08/17 a las 08:00, Divan Santana escribió:

> Divan Santana <divan at santanas.co.za> writes:

>>> Yes
>>
>> Done - thanks.
>>
>> All worked pretty well except for two things.
>>
>> Docker openrc missing. Fortunately one in AUR.
>> shorewall openrc missing. Can't find one yet.

Found it right here
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-firewall/shorewall/files/shorewall-init.initd

It also has a configuration file
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-firewall/shorewall/files/shorewall-init.confd

For shorewall6:

init.d:
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-firewall/shorewall/files/shorewall6.initd-r1

conf.d:
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-firewall/shorewall/files/shorewall6.confd-r1

Well, there are also many other init.d and conf.d files
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-firewall/shorewall/files

All the *.initd go to /etc/init.d and all the *.confd go to /etc/conf.d
You can make your own PKGBUILD based on one from the abslibre.git (from
the openrc-* ones of course)
https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/pcr
(they are all in [pcr])

> Also libvirt complains of
>   error: file owned by 'libvirt' and 'libvirt-openrc': 'etc/conf.d/libvirt-guests'
>   error: file owned by 'libvirt' and 'libvirt-openrc': 'etc/conf.d/libvirtd'
> even though it looks right to me.
>
>   ~  ᐅ l /etc/conf.d/|grep -i libv
>   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  740 Mar 29 09:53 libvirtd*
>   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2.4K Mar 29 09:53 libvirt-guests*

I think I had this problem. Doing pacman -S --force libvirt-openrc
should work. Do not forget to install and enable firewalld-openrc too,
otherwise the init script won't start.

--
~Megver83
https://megver83.ga/