[Assist] alternatives to systemd

Divan Santana divan at santanas.co.za
Tue Aug 22 12:00:59 BST 2017

Divan Santana <divan at santanas.co.za> writes:

> Megver83 <megver83 at hyperbola.info> writes:
>
>>> So I'm interested in stripping systemd from my parabola system.
>>>
>>> Can one simply go through the openrc wiki doc and use eudev+openrc?
>>
>> Yes
>
> Done - thanks.
>
> All worked pretty well except for two things.
>
> Docker openrc missing. Fortunately one in AUR.
> shorewall openrc missing. Can't find one yet.

Also libvirt complains of
  error: file owned by 'libvirt' and 'libvirt-openrc': 'etc/conf.d/libvirt-guests'
  error: file owned by 'libvirt' and 'libvirt-openrc': 'etc/conf.d/libvirtd'
even though it looks right to me.

  ~  ᐅ l /etc/conf.d/|grep -i libv
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  740 Mar 29 09:53 libvirtd*
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2.4K Mar 29 09:53 libvirt-guests*

--
Divan