[Assist] Last upgrade broke lvm2 and I can't boot

Jorge Araya Navarro elcorreo at deshackra.com
Sat Nov 19 20:05:35 GMT 2016

Yeah, I discovered this after an upgrade done to my system, today I was in the recovery shell and issuing 'lvm vgscan' throw this:

lvm: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The worst thing is that I can't boot a live cd, Libreboot's GRUB keeps sending me back to the menu or the command line without throwing errors of any kind. I don't have any other computer here or know someone running GNU to give me a hand and fix my laptop.

Any suggestions? I'm desperate.