[Assist] Arduino - Trouble with libncurses

Sergei Akhmatdinov sakhmatd at riseup.net
Thu Jun 23 19:03:13 BST 2016

> I'm having trouble uploading to Arduino board. The output error is
> that libncurses.so.5 does not exist/not found. Not sure what to do
> here since libncurses.so.6 is only available. I have searched other
> docs/sites referencing this problem, but haven't had any success. I
> will continue to try and troubleshoot, but could anyone point me in
> the right direction? I really appreciate it.

You can either do the "wrong" thing and make a symbolic link to
libncurses.so.6 from libncurses.so or try to downgrade/upgrade the
ncruses package until you find which one provides so.6.

In case if no package actually did provide it, then just go the
symbolic link route.

Cheers,
--
Sergei Akhmatdinov

My GPG public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys AD800D99